Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reviews


Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery
This album is one that both amazes and disgusts me. Technically, musically, vocally, this album is damn near perfect. This is an album that I can put in whenever I just need to hear something technical and brutal. The vocals on this album will put any vocalist to shame. Mikael Akerfeldt has some of the most beautiful death metal growls that I have ever witnessed. The bombasts that emits from the depths of the speakers and encompasses the entire atmosphere of the room that the album is playing in completely destroys any other sense one can identify. From beginning to end, I loved this album........That is until I got around to reading the lyrics. As a Christian I could not relate or enjoy the lyrical poetry that can be found in this and most metal albums. This album especially put me off. However, this is one of the times that I love not being able to hear the lyrics to well during the songs. Even though I do not relate or like the lyrics, it is impossible to not enjoy the music, which is why I bought the album. One can put aside those differences because we will not always agree on all aspects of ideals, but we can all agree that this album is brutal as f*ck!!!!!

No comments: