Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pure Molten Metal

Today's Rant

I love thrash metal. To be honest, it seems that thrash gets pushed to the wayside too often. In today's scene, metal generally has to have the word core at the end of it to be seen in the media. My problem with that is the fact that adding hardcore diminishes the name of both metal and hardcore. Both have amazing tendencies in their own right and they do not need to be added to each other in order to achieve a new sense of popularity. I have, in my noobish days, been lumped into the metalcore scene because I knew no better. However, I believe that I now know a lot better. I am aware of so many more scenes and bands that I am better for it. Thrash is now one of my favorites, if not my favorite. As I write this I am listening to Kreator. I only recently found this band (in the last year and a half or so) and I am in love!! They have the type of brutality and techinicality that I am enamored with. Thrash gives the listener the ability to witness some of the most techincal guitar gymnastics as well as some of the most passionate vocals. In addition, it contains some amazingly brutal aspects that will completely destory the listener into hundreds of different pieces. Kreator, Warbringer, Exodus, Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch and many others continue to bring the thrash to the masses in a way that has not been seen since the early 90's. So my advice to you all is to witness the pure awesomeness of thrash and embrace the technical, political, brutal, and even melodical tendencies of what truly makes an amazing thrash band. And by the way, I do love Metallica despite their recent subpar albums I am in love with them

No comments: